Monday, February 08, 2010

Current Projects

Some of you might be interested in my current projects. First, I am working on two papers regarding Calvin's commentaries on the minor prophets, one on Micah, and one covering Nahum, Habakkuk, and Zephaniah. These will be chapter in a book being edited by my friend Byron Curtis, who teaches at Geneva College.

Second, I am reading my paper "Englishing the Bible: English Bible Translation and Its Purposes." at the Spring Theology Conference. See the seminary website (www.gpts.edu) for details.

Third, I will be reading a paper at the Southeast Regional Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society (March 19-20 at North Greenville University), "'Uncovering the Nakedness of''; Is This a Euphemism for Sexual Intercourse, or is it Something Else?"

I have also submitted a paper proposal for the 2010 national meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society (in Atlanta) dealing with the imagery on the Song of Songs. I hope that will be accepted, because the approach I am considering would radically re-orient the approach to the Song.

No comments: